27 May Beauty Foods: Fennel, Grapefruit and Scallop Salad
Fennel, Grapefruit and Scallop Salad
This Fennel, Grapefruit, and Scallop Salad is one of my super easy new summer recipes and is designed to detox and cool the body whilst providing skin-plumping healthy fats and lean protein.
For the scallops:
- 1lb wild-caught scallops (we buy ours from Butcher Box )
- Pinch Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
For the salad:
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- 1 pink or red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 avocado, sliced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Make the salad dressing by combining all ingredients in a mason jar and shaking well. Combine the fennel, grapefruit and avocado in a large bowl and dress. Leave in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes for the dressing to start to soften the fennel.
Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet to a medium to high heat, and the scallops (leave about an inch between each) and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the scallops and cook for a further 2-3 minutes on the other side. Add to the fennel salad and serve immediately.
For more foods for beauty check out June’s Wellness Webinar where we will be talking all things ‘Beauty Nutrition’. RSVP here.