03 Jul The New Plant Based Protein Powder I Can’t Live Without!
This post is written in partnership with New Chapter, Vermont-based maker of whole-food vitamins and supplements, however all opinions are my own. I only work with and recommend companies whose products I love, and I’m so excited to share these with you!
For years I have struggled with recommending a plant-based protein powder to my clients. With soy protein isolates potentially lowering healthy estrogen metabolism, and pea and hemp proteins being difficult to digest and causing GI distress, there were not many options that I felt comfortable in recommending.
Whilst some plant-based protein powders are not complete proteins, New Chapter’s Organic Plant Protein+ powder contains a complete amino acid profile for both vegans and non-vegans alike. To maintain a healthy p.H balance (too much animal protein can cause acidic conditions in the blood) I encourage all of my clients to include plant-based proteins in their diet, and Plant Protein+ is a super easy (and delicious) way to incorporate them on a regular basis.
The mung bean and brown rice blend, combined with ProHydrolase, a clinically studied digestive enzyme, means the protein is easily broken down in the digestive process, to prevent bloating, and enable the proteins to be efficiently absorbed by the body, aiding in muscle growth and repair.
Providing 20g of protein, 0g of sugar and just 2-3g of carbs, with turmeric for a healthy inflammation response and 10 high antioxidant fruits I will be recommending this incredible new product to my clients and adding it to my morning breakfast smoothie on a regular basis!
Smoothies are a great go-to when time is tight in the morning, but you want an energising, blood sugar balancing breakfast that will keep you fuelled and satiated for hours. I find they are gentle on the digestion for my clients that have gut health challenges and can be a great vehicle for packing in nutrients, great fats and even 2-3 servings of vegetables (I recommend 7-9 servings a day) before even leaving the house! You can also make them in minutes and take them to go to sip on your morning commute!
To add even further digestive health and alkalising benefits to your breakfast smoothie, I recommend the following formula
- 1 serving New Chapter’s Organic Plant Protein+ (chocolate or vanilla)
- 1.5 cups plant-based milk – choose almond, coconut, hazelnut, cashew, or oat which are easy to digest and less inflammatory than dairy.
- 1 tablespoon fat to balance hunger hormones, increase satiety and to help move food through the digestive tract – I love avocado or almond butter which are both great sources of antioxidants and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and manganese.
- 2 tablespoons fibre to help balance blood sugar and to ensure effective elimination of food waste and toxins – my favorites are ground flaxseed to help eliminate or chia seeds.
- 2 handfuls leafy greens, fresh or frozen – leafy greens feed our gut bacteria, boost our fibre intake, provide us with an abundance of antioxidants and phytonutrients, and are essential for maintaining alkaline balance in the body.
- 1 serving New Chapter Fermented Booster Powder – I love to add energy boosting Maca or inflammation balancing Turmeric to my morning smoothie, and New Chapter’s patented fermentation process both boosts my digestive health and makes these herbs easily digestible.
Whilst I love creating delicious smoothie recipes with all the ingredients, most mornings time is of the essence, and I stick to the simple recipe below! And quite honestly, both the vanilla and the chocolate flavors of New Chapter’s Organic Plant Protein+ are so smooth and delicious that I don’t need to add anything else!
Jenny’s Go-To Morning Smoothie
- 1 serving Vanilla or Chocolate New Chapter’s Organic Plant Protein+
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 serving New Chapter Fermented Booster Powder
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.