21 Aug Glowing Summer Skin From The Inside Out!
Glowing summer skin is something we all love to embrace at this time of year, but true luminosity comes from more than just a makeup product we put on in the morning and remove at night. It comes from a healthy body and a calm mind, and here are just some suggestions that can help you create that beautiful radiance from the inside out. >
- Summer is the perfect time to add lightness and brightness to your diet. With the abundance of fresh produce available now is the time to ensure you are getting ample amounts of skin loving antioxidants from brightly colored fruits and vegetables such as strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, and apricots.
- Pair these delicious fruits and vegetables with lighter protein options such as chicken or oily fish, which contains essential fatty acids which plump skin cells to give a youthful appearance and a beautiful texture.
- Proper hydration is key in the summer for both health and a healthy glow, and as temperatures soar we need to ensure we up our water intake. Infuse your water with lemon, lime and mint, not only to aid with cleansing our systems but because it tastes delicious too! Also up your intake of high water content foods such as cucumber, celery, watermelon and strawberries
- Ridding your skin of dead cells is one of the best ways to ensure it glows, and dry skin brushing is my favourite tool for this. Using a body brush work in long sweeps towards the heart, shower (don’t forget to finish with a cold rinse which helps to tighten skin and create even more radiance), then replenish and hydrate with a clean body lotion or oil.
- A calm, uncluttered mind can be seen from the inside out, and meditation is one of the keys to achieving this relaxed state of mind. Use the long, light evenings to get out into nature and meditate there, even just going for a walk near water or trees and taking in your surroundings can count as meditation.
Do you have any healthy hacks for glowing summer skin? I’d love for you to share them below!