07 Oct Beam CBD Beet Beauty Brownies
Be still my beating heart. These CBD Beet Beauty Brownies with Beam CBD Oil turned out so much better than I expected – they are #glutenfree, #dairyfree, #eggfree, #soyfree, #sugarfree and #vegan, #paleo and #keto !
So what are they made of, I hear you ask. Great question! I’m a huge believer that at least 85% of your foods should be ‘functional’ (such an unsexy term) – that is they should be packed full of ingredients that confer health benefits. But that doesn’t mean you can only eat salad! As I’ve got older (I’m 39 in 10 days) I’ve become slightly obsessed with skincare, from the inside and out, and these brownies are packed full of ingredients that help to:
- lower inflammation (thanks to the Beam CBD Oil – one of the key benefits of CBD Oil is its ability to lower systemic inflammation, and I will only take @beam as its 100% THC free) creating a smooth, even skin tone.
- give you a healthy glow – the beets used in this recipe not only are seasonal and give depth of flavor, they (along with the cacao) are also packed with oxidative stress fighting phytonutrients that help you skin glow and prevent premature aging.
- plump skin – every single cell in our body has a phospholipid bilayer (the cell membrane) made of fat. For skin to look plump and well hydrated it is essential that we consume great fats, and in this recipe I’ve used coconut oil, zinc rich tahini and walnuts for crunch.
Beam CBD Beet Beauty Brownies Recipe
- 2/3 cup organic beets, steamed or roasted until soft
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 serving Beam CBD Oil
- 10 drops stevia (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8×8 dish with parchment paper
Gently melt the coconut oil and tahini in a pan and leave to cool.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients and puree on high until the mixture is smooth, periodically scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly incorporated – or (like I did) mix by hand in a large mixing bowl for a great arm workout.
Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish..
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely in the pan before slicing or grab a spoon and eat the whole pan whilst warm…
Don’t forget you can save 15% on all Beam products by using my code ‘jennyh’ at checkout!