Whilst it doesn’t look as I’ll be getting back there any time soon I’m bringing the mediterranean to me and my Lean and Clean Program participants with these new Low Carb Greek Turkey Meatballs that are bursting with salty feta and black olives, zesty lemon and aromatic oregano. And to keep them #JennyApproved and Lean & Clean they pack a punch of lean protein and veggie based fibre.
Super simple to make, I love to serve these meatballs on a bed of cauliflower rice with the Tzatziki dipping sauce and some sliced cucumber.
(makes 3-4 servings)
For the meatballs
• 2lbs ground turkey
• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
• 1 tablespoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• zest of 2 lemons
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cups spinach, finely chopped
•2 scallions, finely chopped
• 1/2 block feta cheese (or vegan feta if you are dairy free)
For the tzatziki sauce
• 2 cups Greek yoghurt (can use plant based if dairy free)
• 1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
• Juice of 1/2 a lemon
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Pinch black pepper
If you are not dairy free you can use goat or sheep feta for the meatballs, and organic full fat greek yoghurt for the sauce. You can also use ground lamb in place of the turkey which is absolutely delicious in this recipe!