30 Jan Low Carb Greek Turkey Meatballs
I first visited Greece when I was 17, and since then have been a huge fan of greek food for its light, bright fresh flavours.
Whilst it doesn’t look as I’ll be getting back there any time soon I’m bringing the mediterranean to me and my Lean and Clean Program participants with these new Low Carb Greek Turkey Meatballs that are bursting with salty feta and black olives, zesty lemon and aromatic oregano. And to keep them #JennyApproved and Lean & Clean they pack a punch of lean protein and veggie based fibre.
Super simple to make, I love to serve this meatballs on a bed of cauliflower rice with the Tzatziki dipping sauce and some sliced cucucmber.
How to Make Low Carb Greek Turkey Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce
(makes 3-4 servings)
For the meatballs
• 2lbs ground turkey
• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
• 1 tablespoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• zest of 2 lemons
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cups spinach, finely chopped
•2 scallions, finely chopped
• 1/2 block feta cheese (or vegan feta if you are dairy free)
For the tzatziki sauce
• 2 cups Greek yoghurt (can use plant based if dairy free)
• 1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
• Juice of 1/2 a lemon
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Pinch black pepper
- Place the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet, and divide the mixture evenly to form 14-16 meatballs.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and bake the meatballs for 20-25 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Whilst the meatballs are baking mix together all of the ingredients for the tzatziki sauce to use as a dip or drizzle for the meatballs.
Making the Recipe Work For You
If you are not dairy free you can use goat or sheep feta for the meatballs, and organic full fat greek yoghurt for the sauce. You can also use ground lamb in place of the turkey which is absolutely delicious in this recipe!
This recipe is suitable for my Lean and Clean Program and, primal, pegan and ketogenic diets.
Due to popular demand my 8 Week Lean and Clean Program is now open for enrollment! This life changing course promises to take the stress out of healthy, sustainable weight loss and give you results you will love. All whilst enjoying delicious, easy to make meals!