13 Mar Gut Healing: Veggie Packed Chicken Noodle Soup
It’s National Chicken Noodle Soup Day, and I’ve created a veggie packed, gut healing version for you that is perfect for lunch or a light evening meal. This recipe is perfect for those following my 28 Day Guided Gut Healing Program, as I’ve used my favorite Bare Bones Broth and replaced the arb heavy noodles with spaghetti squash to keep it low carb and packed full of fibre, vitamins and minerals.
Gut Healing Chicken Noodle Soup
makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped,
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 32oz Bare Bones Broth Chicken Bone Broth (use code JHANWAY15 for a 15% discount)
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
Heat the coconut oil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven and sautéed the onion, carrots and celery for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add in the chicken, bone broth, herbs and salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
This recipe is 100% compliant with my 28 Day Guided Gut Healing Program – find out more here!