12 Dec Low Carb Breakfast Pizzas
Pizza for breakfast whilst on a diet? With my Lean and Clean Breakfast Pizza recipe you can! Whilst the Lean and Clean Lifestyle has me sticking to sugar free breakfast smoothies or eggs and veggies during the week, at the weekend I love mixing it up with some fun low carb breakfast and healthy brunch dishes!
Inspired by my good friend Lexi over at Lexi’s Clean Living these new Breakfast Pizzas are a fun addition to the Bonus Recipes Pack that is part of my 8 Week Lean and Clean Program – you won’t believe you can eat them as part of a weight loss meal plan!
The Best Low Carb, Gluten Free Pizza Base Ever
Good low carb pizza bases are hard to find – I know as I’ve tried to make them all! Typically I love to add veggies to my low carb pizza bases (such as in my Cauliflower Pizza Recipe), but as this base is a quick and easy option I just make sure I pack them in the toppings. You can even spread this base out and bake on a sheet pan to make one big pizza that you can cut into slices (it may need a little extra cooking time), to make it even easier to make. This is also such a great family friendly healthy breakfast, and you can keep the kids entertained by having them help make the dough and top the pizzas.
Healthy Pizza Toppings
Topping these pizzas is the most fun part – and you really can use anything you like (or any leftovers in the fridge)! I typically like to use vegan cheese and fresh topped tomatoes, but you could use a sugar free pizza sauce, shredded goats cheese (if tolerated), then your choice of veggies or extra protein.
How to Make Low Carb Breakfast Pizzas
(makes 4 servings)
For the crust
• 1 egg
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1/3 cup warm water
• 1 cup tapioca flour (plus more for dusting)
• 3 tablespoons coconut flour
• 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon paprika
• ¼ teaspoon oregano
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
For the toppings
• Vegan cheese or goats cheese
• Cooked and diced bacon
• Sauteed kale, onions, red peppers, mushrooms, etc.
• Chopped tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the egg, olive oil and water in a large bowl. Add in the tapioca, coconut flour, flaxseed, baking powder, salt and spices and mix together with a spatula. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes while the coconut flour absorbs the liquid.
- Dust the parchment paper lined baking sheet with tapioca flour. Dust your hands with tapioca starch, and divide your dough into 4 equal parts. Place each part onto the baking sheet, create a circle, and pat down to make a 4″ circle.
- Create a well in the middle and a crust on the outside edge to keep the toppings on the pizza. Dust the bases with a little extra tapioca flour.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and whilst the crusts are baking prepare your toppings.
- Top the pizzas and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.