16 Feb Detoxifying Tortilla Soup
The first time I ever tried tortilla soup was whilst working at Amansala, the luxury beachside health retreat in Tulum, Mexico, and I’ve loved it ever since! I’ve tweaked the recipe time and time again to create this gut healing, detoxification boosting that tastes as good as the benefits it provides.
It’s one of the recipes from my new 2 week detox diet plan that starts on March 20th (the first day of Spring)!
Detoxifying Tortilla Soup
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, frozen
- 2 cups chicken bone broth (I love Bare Bones Broth – use code ‘JHANWAY15′ for a 15% discount)
- 1 small chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- Handful cherry tomatoes, sliced in 1/2
- 2 tablespoons canned tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 1 low carb tortilla (I love Siete Foods Cashew Flour Tortillas)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Slices of avocado
Gently saute the shallot and garlic in the avocado oil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower rice, shredded chicken, tomatoes, jalapeno, and lime juice, and heat through for 4-5 minutes.
Whilst this is cooking slice the tortilla into inch wide strips, then toast until crispy. Add the cilantro, avocado and tortilla strips, and serve immediately.