23 Mar Low Carb, Gut Healing, Skin Loving Tortilla Soup
The first time I ever tried tortilla soup was whilst working at Amansala, the luxury beachside health retreat in Tulum, Mexico, and I’ve loved it ever since! I’ve tweaked the recipe time and time again to create this low carb, gut healing, skin-boosting version detailed here, and it’s compliant with both my 8 Week Lean and Clean Program and my 28 Day Gut Healing Program (which currently has a 20% discount)!
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, frozen
- 2 cups chicken bone broth (I love Bare Bones Broth – use code ‘JHANWAY15′ for a 15% discount)
- 1 small chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- Handful cherry tomatoes, sliced in 1/2
- 2 tablespoons canned tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 1 low carb tortilla (I love Siete Foods Cashew Flour Tortillas)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Slices of avocado
Gently saute the shallot and garlic in the avocado oil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower rice, shredded chicken, tomatoes, jalapeno, and lime juice, and heat through for 4-5 minutes.
Whilst this is cooking slice the tortilla into inch wide strips, then toast until crispy. Add the cilantro, avocado and tortilla strips, and serve immediately.
Looking for more low carb, gut healing, immune-boosting recipes? You can currently save 20% on my 28 Day Guided Gut Healing Program by clicking here.