05 Dec Low Carb Warm Winter Chicken Salad
My delicious, Low-Carb Warm Winter Chicken Salad recipe gives you all the gut healthy and beauty benefits of leafy greens, but keeps you warm from the inside out with delicious protein packed marinated chicken breast and toasted walnuts. Seasonal pomegranate seeds give an antioxidant rich sweetness to this salad which is one of the bonus recipes from my Lean & Clean Program.
Why I Love This Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe
Hearty salads are a key part of my Lean and Clean lifestyle, but sometimes even I can’t face a cold bowl of veggies and protein in the winter months! So I whipped up this super easy to make warm chicken salad featuring crunchy toasted walnuts and beautiful pink pomegranate seeds.
Primal Kitchen Foods Balsamic Vinaigrette and Marinade came to the rescue to keep this chicken recipe tasty and interesting – Tim and I are both huge fans of their products as they keep our sugar free, low carb diet interesting and fun. We buy ours from Thrive Market, which is always typically cheaper than Whole Foods (use this link to save 25% off your first order).
How to Make Low-Carb Warm Winter Chicken Salad
(makes 2 servings)
• 2 organic chicken breasts
• 1 bottle Primal Kitchen Foods Balsamic Vinaigrette and Marinade
• 1 tablespoon avocado oil
• 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
• 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
• 4 handfuls mixed leafy greens
- Slice the chicken into thin strips (approx. 1 inch thick).
- Using 3/4 of the marinade, marinate the chicken for a minimum of 1 hour (the longer the better).
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet, and pan fry the marinated chicken breast strips on a medium/high heat for 10-15 minutes, or until brown on the outside and fully cooked in the middle (the marinade will give the chicken a dark golden brown colour).
- Whilst the chicken is cooking toast the walnuts in a dry non stick pan for around 60-90 seconds (err of the side of caution as they can burn very quickly).
- Dress the leafy greens with the remaining marinade, and top with cooked chicken, toasted walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
Vegan / Vegetarian Warm Winter Salad
Substitute the chicken breast for firm tofu in this recipe.