02 Apr Breakfast Smoothie: Layered PB and J
Yes, this is a superfood smoothie. Yes, you can eat this for breakfast. Yes, even if you are on my Lean and Clean Program. Yes, this will take away the combined agonies of tax return season and mercury in retrograde.
Happy #PeanutButterAndJellyDayEveryone! Whilst not a combination that is typical in the UK, I’ve been an adopted New Englander for almost 6 years, so I’m well versed in this ridiculously good salty/sweet combo that keeps you coming back for more. However, I’m not about nutrient barren, sugar and trans fat laden calorie/carb bomb white bread sandwiches, so I’ve taken this winning formula and created a #JennyApproved Superfood Smoothie that gives you all the fun of PB&J with none of the negatives.
This recipe combines a protein, fat and fibre packed smoothie with an easy to make, sugar free strawberry chia jam that will quickly become one of your meal prep staples.
For the Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 scoop vanilla collagen or plant based protein powder
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon sugar free peanut butter (@maranathanutbutters is my go to)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan salt
For the Strawberry Chia Jam
- 2 cups fresh or frozen organic strawberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seedsBlend the strawberries and chia seed for 30 seconds. Place into a saucepan and simmer over a medium heat until it starts to bubble. Turn to low and simmer until the jam begins to thicken. Transfer to a sterilized mason jar, leave to cool, and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Now for the most important question. Crunchy or Smooth?