23 Oct Sheet Pan Salmon and Delicata Squash with Dill and Lemon Pesto
Want an easy dinner dish that’s low carb and gives you glowing skin? I’ve got you! This Sheet Pan Salmon with Delicata Squash is super simple to make, super quick to cook, and is packed full of skin-loving ingredients and nutrient-dense beauty foods.
Salmon: a ‘beautiful skin from within’ staple, wild-caught salmon is packed full of omega 3 healthy fats, that help to keep your skin’s cellular membrane healthy and plump. Increasing your intake of healthy fats as the temperature drops can also help mitigate the dryness we feel in the colder months. ⠀
Delicata Squash: squash is a wonderful way of adding digestion boosting fibre to your diet (remember a health gut = healthy skin) whilst being relatively low carb (a diet high in sugar and refined carbs can cause premature aging of the skin). ⠀
Pesto: this pesto is made with fresh dill and spinach, and is a great way to sneak in extra leafy greens without you even noticing. Leafy greens are another great staple for our skin and beauty health – they are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, aid gut health, and help to create an alkaline environment in the body. We add a boost of healthy fats with almonds and EVOO, and even some lemon juice to help digestion.
Sheet Pan Salmon and Delicata Squash with Dill and Lemon Pesto⠀
Yields 2-4 servings
• 2-4 salmon fillets⠀
• 1 delicata squash⠀
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil⠀
• Pesto: 1 cup chopped spinach, 1 cup chopped dill, ¾ cup almonds, ¼ cup olive oil, Juice of 1 lemon, a pinch of salt and pepper.⠀
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. ⠀
- Make the pesto by adding all the ingredients to a food processor and blitz until smooth. ⠀
- Slice the delicata squash lengthwise, remove the seeds, and slice into ½ inch thick slices.⠀
- Pat the salmon dry, and top with a layer of the pesto.⠀
- Lightly oil a sheet pan with the avocado oil and add the salmon and squash.⠀
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.