04 Jan Low Carb Thai Turkey Meatballs
These healthy, low carb Turkey Thai Meatballs are one of the bonus recipes from my 8 Week Lean and Clean Program for healthy weight loss, which starts on 01/11/2021. They are gluten free, dairy free, quick and easy to make and Paleo- and Whole30-approved. Enjoy!
I eat Lean and Clean pretty much 90% of the time, so keeping my meals fresh and flavorful is key for keeping me on track and helps me love this way of eating (and the results it gives, obvs). These Thai Turkey Meatballs are inspired by thai style flavours and pack a delicious punch of ginger, garlic, chili and lemongrass. They are great served on a bed of fluffy cauliflower rice, and I like to make a double batch and eat the next day as part of a leftovers lunch.
How to Make Low Carb Thai Turkey Meatballs
Yields 2 servings
For the meatballs
• 1 lb. ground turkey
• 1/2 cup shredded carrots
• 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped cashews
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
• 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
• 1.5 teaspoons sriracha
• 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
• 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
• Pinch red pepper flakes
For the sauce:
• 1/4 cup coconut aminos
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 clove garlic, finely minced
• 1 teaspoon grated ginger
• 1 teaspoon sriracha
• 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon lemongrass paste
• 1 teaspoon tapioca flour mixed with 2 tablespoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and combine thoroughly. Cover and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Portion out the mixture (around 70g or 2 large tablespoons) and form into balls.
- Spray a baking sheet with avocado oil, add the meatballs and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a pan, and simmering until the sauce thickens.
- Serve by either pouring the sauce on top of the meatballs, or as a dip.