10 Sep Low Carb Turkey Taco Bake
This Turkey Taco Bake was never intended as a ‘recipe’, it was just a dish I kept throwing together to use up leftover vegetables in a quick and easy way! Now its one of our favourite quick and easy go-to recipes from Lean and Clean when we want a hot and filling dinner, but have no time or inclination to be in the kitchen for hours…
I’ve put together a recipe for you featuring the ingredients I typically use in this dish, but honestly anything goes – it’s a great way to use up leftover veggies and you can switch out the protein for ground beef or even canned lentils.
Low Carb Turkey Taco Bake
Yields 3-4 servings
I usually make this for dinner in the evenings, then have the leftovers for lunch the next day. It makes 3 large servings or 4 medium ones.
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil
• 1/2 onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, diced
• 4 celery stalks sliced
• 2 summer squash, diced
• 2lbs ground turkey
• 1 x 28oz canned tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon tomato puree
• 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
• 2 cups cauliflower rice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Saute the onions, garlic, celery and summer squash in the coconut oil on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree, taco seasoning and cauliflower rice, stir well, and place in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes.
Plant Based Option
To make this recipe vegan or plant based simply replace the ground turkey with two cans of lentils, and skip the 10 minutes of cooking in Step 3.