16 Apr Breakfast Smoothie: Pecan Pie
Happy National Pecan Pie Day!
Whilst I can’t deny that Pecan Pie is delicious, its crazily high sugar content make it a little too decadent for an everyday treat. I’ve created this sweet, thick and creamy Pecan Pie Superfood Smoothie so you can enjoy the taste whilst keeping blood sugar stable and providing a ton of micronutrients.
Pecans are a great source of inflammation lowering, skin loving Omega 3 fatty acids, and are packed full of much needed minerals including magnesium, manganese, zinc and copper.
Buy your pecans unsalted, and if they are roasted they should be dry roasted to avoid inflammatory fats. And just like all nuts and seeds once opened they should be stored in the freezer to prevent oxidation.
Pecan Pie Super Food Smoothie
- 20g vanilla collagen or plant protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/4 apple
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon pecan butter (I love @artisana organics) or 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 cups oat milk
Place all ingredients and blend until smooth.