22 Jan Low Carb Coconut Flour Tortillas
Those of you who have been peeping my Instagram stories recently will have noticed I’ve been crushing on these new Low Carb Coconut Flour Tortillas from my Lean and Clean Program on the regular!
I’ve been trying to perfect this recipes for ages – whilst I love Siete tortillas they can be a little high in carbs and pretty expensive, so I wanted a lower carb version I could whip up quickly and simply at home. They are perfect as a wrap to add a little ‘something something’ to your throw and go lunch, as a side to a warming winter soup, in place of naan bread with a curry, or as part of a healthy breakfast wrap as pictured here.
How to Make Low Carb Coconut Flour Tortillas
(makes 4 servings)
For the crust
• 1 cup coconut flour
• 6 tablespoons psyllium husk
• 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups warm water
- Place the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine thoroughly
- Add the warm water, and stir with a spoon until the mixture starts to come together. At this point use your hands to form a ball of dough.
- Leave the dough to sit for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough evenly into 4 portions, and place in between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
- Roll with a rolling pin until 1/8 inch thick.
- Gently heat a little coconut or avocado oil in a non stick skillet and cook the tortillas for 3-4 minutes each side.
This recipe is suitable for my Lean and Clean, 14 Day Detox and 28 Day Detox Programs. It is suitable for paleo, pegan, keto, Whole 30 vegan and vegetarian diets.
Due to popular demand my 8 Week Lean and Clean Program is now open for enrollment! This life changing course promises to take the stress out of healthy, sustainable weight loss and give you results you will love. All whilst enjoying delicious, easy to make meals!